Forge School Sport Partnership was originally established in 2001 as part of a Government PE and School Sport strategy to increase participation in high quality Physical Education and School Sport.
Handsworth Grange Community Sports College is the base, and supports the work of the partnership which currently includes 25 Primary Schools and 3 Secondary Schools, which means that we are providing high quality PE and Sport opportunities to over 10,000 pupils.
We firmly believe that sport and all that it encompasses truly can change the lives of young people and contribute towards raising aspirations, improving academic attainment and preparing young people to move forward in their lives.
We want all pupils to leave primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools.
Indicators of such improvement should include:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport