Here you will find all the information that you need about admissions to Handsworth Grange Community Sports College.
For a chance to look around school and experience life at Handsworth Grange, please visit us on open evening.
Open Evening: Thursday 26th September 2019 5pm – 7pm.
Handsworth Grange Community Sports College works with the Local Authority on admissions. The schools intended admissions number is set by the governors at 205 per year group.
Applying for Y7 school place for September 2020.
(Year 6-7 Transition)
Parents may apply by paper application, or online at:
The online site will close 18 October 2019 and the closing date for paper applications is 31 October 2019.
Parents will be informed by the local authority of the school allocated to their child by post for paper applications and by email for online applications on 1 March 2020.
All applications should be made to the local authority by the stated deadline.
For further help and assistance about your application please contact 'secondary admissions' on 0114 2735790 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Admissions arrangements for 2020/21:
The Governing Body is required to formally determine its Admission Arrangements for the 2020/21 Academic year. The Governing Body did not consult on its Admission Arrangements for 2020/21 as there were no proposed changes to those already determined in 2019/20. Admission Arrangements for 2020/21 are therefore determined as the same as those for 2019/20 and in line with those determined by the Local Authority.
Special Educational Needs: Any child that has an Education Health Care Plan or Statement for SEN that names Handsworth Grange Community Sports College will be offered a place.
Oversubscription criteria as follows:
If Handsworth Grange Community Sports College is oversubscribed then places will be allocated based on the following oversubscription criteria:
1. Children in Care (previously in care)
2. Catchment Area with sibling
3. Catchment Area
4. Siblings of children refused a place at their catchment school
6. Feeder School
7. Other applications
Tie – breakers
For any admission category that is oversubscribed there are two stages of further consideration:
• Where exceptional medical, social or special educational needs are demonstrated / supported by professional evidence, an application may be prioritised by the Admissions Committee (AC) but only within the admissions category. Please note this list of circumstances is not exhaustive and is provided simply as an example of reasons for which the AC may prioritise a case. It is the responsibility of Parents/Carers to provide supporting evidence to demonstrate your exceptional reasons. For example, if your child has medical reasons for applying for a school, you must provide evidence from a relevant medical professional with your application. If you apply online you can send any additional evidence by post.
• If there are no exceptional circumstances, all applications will be prioritised by the admission category and then distance from the home address to a designated point at the school building. This is a straight-line measurement.
Further details and a paper application can be obtained by visiting www.sheffield.gov.uk.
General Data Protection Regulation 2018
The following documents have been updated to ensure that the school is compliant with the new GDPR changes that have come into affect.
1. Compliance Statement
2. Privacy Statement Pupils
3. Privacy Statement Sports Centre
Handsworth Grange Community Sports College have adopted all subsidiary policies and procedures from the Sheffield Childrens Safeguarding Partnership. Ofsted have confirmed that any Sheffield school or education setting can adopt these policies and procedures and the Local Authority is responsible for ensuring that they are accurate and updated annually.