Transfer to Secondary School - September 2022:
Here you will find all the information that you need about admissions to Handsworth Grange Community Sports College.
For details of the school's open evening on 23rd September 2021 click here
Handsworth Grange Community Sports College works with the Local Authority on admissions.
The schools intended admissions number is set by the governors at 205 per year group.
Applying for a Y7 school place for September 2022.
If your child was born between 1 September 2010 and 31 August 2011 they will transfer to secondary school in September 2022. You are now invited to apply for a secondary school place for your child. You must do so by 31 October 2021. You will have already been sent information about how to apply from the local authority . You can apply online or by completing the application which you can download from this page or by calling 0114 273 5790.
Further information can be found at:
The date for applications is 31 October 2021.
Parents will be informed by the local authority of the school allocated to their child by post for paper applications and by email for online applications in March 2022.
All applications should be made to the local authority by the stated deadline.
For further help and assistance about your application please contact 'secondary admissions' on 0114 273 5790 or
Handsworth Grange Community Sports College participates in the Local Authority’s Co-ordinated Admission Scheme for in-year admissions. If a parent of a child on our roll wishes to apply for a transfer to another school, they must obtain a transfer form from the school for completion of Section 2. The application must then be sent to the Local Authority which will process the application on the parent’s behalf. The Local Authority will confirm the outcome of the application in writing within 15 school days. If the application is refused, the Local Authority will advise on the statutory appeal procedure. Details of the Co-ordinated Admission Scheme and how in-year applications are managed can be seen at https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/home/schools-childcare/apply-school-place.html
Families New to the City
For families that are new to the City, they should contact the Children Missing Education Team at email@example.com or or 0114 273 6462 to arrange an appointment to make an admission application.
For more information on admissions please see the admissions policy.
Admissions arrangements for 2021/22:
The Governing Body is required to formally determine its Admission Arrangements for the 2021/22 Academic year. The Governing Body did not consult on its Admission Arrangements for 2021/22 as there were no proposed changes to those already determined in 2020/21. Admission Arrangements for 2021/22 are therefore determined as the same as those for 2020/21 and in line with those determined by the Local Authority.
Special Educational Needs: Any child that has an Education Health Care Plan or Statement for SEN that names Handsworth Grange Community Sports College will be offered a place.
Oversubscription criteria as follows:
If Handsworth Grange Community Sports College is oversubscribed then places will be allocated based on the following oversubscription criteria:
1. Children in Care (previously in care)
2. Catchment Area with sibling
3. Catchment Area
4. Siblings of children refused a place at their catchment school
6. Feeder School
7. Other applications
Tie – breakers
For any admission category that is oversubscribed there are two stages of further consideration:
• Where exceptional medical, social or special educational needs are demonstrated / supported by professional evidence, an application may be prioritised by the Admissions Committee (AC) but only within the admissions category. Please note this list of circumstances is not exhaustive and is provided simply as an example of reasons for which the AC may prioritise a case. It is the responsibility of Parents/Carers to provide supporting evidence to demonstrate your exceptional reasons. For example, if your child has medical reasons for applying for a school, you must provide evidence from a relevant medical professional with your application. If you apply online you can send any additional evidence by post.
• If there are no exceptional circumstances, all applications will be prioritised by the admission category and then distance from the home address to a designated point at the school building. This is a straight-line measurement.
Further details and a paper application can be obtained by visiting www.sheffield.gov.uk.
General Data Protection Regulation 2018
The following documents have been updated to ensure that the school is compliant with the new GDPR changes that have come into affect.
1. Compliance Statement
2. Privacy Statement Pupils
3. Privacy Statement Sports Centre
Handsworth Grange Community Sports College determined its Admission Arrangements for the 2022/23 academic year in September 2020. The arrangements can be seen on this page and objections to these arrangements can be made to the School Adjudicator by 15 May 2021 at
Handsworth Grange Community Sports College have adopted all subsidiary policies and procedures from the Sheffield Childrens Safeguarding Partnership. Ofsted have confirmed that any Sheffield school or education setting can adopt these policies and procedures and the Local Authority is responsible for ensuring that they are accurate and updated annually.
Additional Safeguarding Guidance
Addendum to the Safeguarding policy during Covid-19.